I'm closing my small business - it's sad and a relief at the same time. Has that ever happened to you? Like you want to cry and take a deep breath at once? I know it's the right decision, but it's still tough - 3 of the best years of my life were spent doing this.
More info is here - I just wanted to say something personal about it for a minute. Business Sarah and Sarah Sarah overlap quite a bit, but I wouldn't tell all our students that I just hopped off my husband's lap after quite literally crying on his shoulder.
I'm excited about the future, but today is about the past - here's my favorite memories from the past 3 years:
- Painting pizza party with Alla, Scott, Erin, Chris and Ryan at the first location
- Meeting with Culture Pilot for the first time - and every time since!
- Maker Faire - full of fuzzy hats and friendship
- Getting to go to the UK for a whole month each year - just because I could!
- Meeting Amanda, Ruthie, Renee, Alexandra, Alanna, Melissa Woods, Jill, Patty, Shawn, Abby, Gretchen, Tobiah and all the folks who came through the doors.
- Getting to talk fros and domo hand warmers with Melissa P on a weekly basis.
- Getting Domo handwarmers and a crocheted Bender B Rodriguez doll from people I love (Mo and Patty respectively)
- Having a kid call me a grumpy old lady.
- Meeting Boden, Riley and tons of other babies that I knew before they were born, thanks to their moms coming in to the shop!
- Making tons of new friends - people I would have never met otherwise.
That's not a definitive list - I could go on for days about what was great about Sew Crafty, but the two big things that made me close it were the stress and the cash. It was simply too stressful and too expensive to keep doing long term and I want a more balanced life.
Thank you to everyone who made this place possible - I love you all.
PS:Have you ever had to make a decision like this? If so, how did you cope?