Monday, August 22, 2011

Mammogram Monday!

Where was I last Monday - instead of weighing in and writing a blog post I was having my boob squished in a vice. Yep. 

Things are A OK, but it was the result of a lump found in a routine breast exam. Ladies - check yourself before you wreck yourself - do self exams and keep up with yearly well-woman checkups with your doctor. It might save your life!

I was super lucky, but many women find out they have breast cancer thanks to this important (albeit uncomfortable) exam. Give a woman in need a free mammogram by clickty clicking on The Breast Cancer site. Yes it's legit

On a weight loss note: I am about the same as last weigh in - I gained a few ounces but nothing major. Full Weigh in Monday - the last of August - next week!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

So happy everything is okay! And thanks for the important reminder. I know several people who have gotten breast cancer at a VERY young age (late 20s, early 30s) so it's never to early to learn how and get in the habit of self exams!

Amanda said...

I'm glad you're ok! I've never had a mammogram, I've always suspected that I don't have enough boobs to squish.... I wonder if the machine has a small boob fitting for members of the IBTC? Anyway my wonderings aside, yay for you and healthy boobs!

Sarah said...

Heck yes ladies - checking early is apparently the key to fighting like hell on breast cancer; I was also told that it is good to get a baseline reading in your 30s just in case!

And Amanda - I am also a card carrying member of the IBTC!! YAY!

Post a Comment