Thursday, December 2, 2010

Reverb 10 - December 1: growth and December 2: clutter

Reverb 10 is an amazing exercise in reflection for people across the internets. Using daily prompts, people are getting in touch with what 2010 was all about to them and it's fascinating to see what others have experienced this year. Here's my stab at figuring out what my year meant to me! 


**I pulled a Sarah and totally missed yesterday's prompt, so I'm going to make it a twofer today!**


December 1 One Word.
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?
(Author: Gwen Bell)



Growth. 


That's my word. I realize it makes me a little sound crunchy/Buddha-on-the-mountaintop/new-agey/self-helpish, but honestly growth is the most significant word for me this year. My business grew. I grew. I grew rounder (hence the Weight Watchers - win!). Through growing, I gained friends, lost friends, but I started to be more authentically me.  I'm just glad that I was able to explore so much this year and grow into being myself, which has taken me almost 30 years to be comfortable with.


December 2 Writing.
What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?
(Author: Leo Babauta)



Oh Lord - this is a doozy. It would be easier for me to name all the things that contribute to my writing, since everything else takes away from my time to flesh out ideas. I do have to say my #1 creative foe is the internet. How can anyone concentrate with so many LOLCATS out there to see? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment