Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ba de ya - dancing in September!


Ba de ya - say do you remember
Ba de ya - dancing in September
Ba de ya - never was a cloudy day
-Earth, Wind and Fire  

September is here! This month marks not only my six year wedding anniversary (WOO HOO!), but also my mother's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEST MOM EVER!), my grandfather's birthday (PAPA - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!) and a new monthly goal!

In September, I will be replacing fried food (yes I try to eat too much of it) in my dietary pyramid with more veggies. Anytime the opportunity to eat something fried shows up, veggie time!

Also, I will be adding walks 2 days a week to my fitness plan - now I will have bootcamp twice, walking for 30 - 45 minutes twice and, hopefully, grab a yoga class now and then. 

Weight loss goals - I'm dialing it down to 3lbs. If I hit 5, woo hoo! If I make 3, still woo hoo!


September
Weight loss goal: 3lbs
Deadline: September 30, 2011
Habit swap: veggies for fried foods
New Habit: walking twice a week - 30 minutes or more

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy wedding anniversary!! Yay! And happy birthday month! Yay for the people without whom you would not exist! Cheers to their health and awesomeness!

How is the less fried, more veg thing going? Have you discovered whether there's a deep fried vegetable loophole and if so, whether it is suitable for human consumption?

And holy moly, that is one fitness plan. My fitness plan involves the continued consideration of starting to do regular pilates again. I'm still considering. I was really good leading up to my wedding, I did it every single day! But that was because a physio said I had the postural muscles of an 8 year old that weren't even strong enough to support me (hence poor posture). Not being known as the hunchback bride was a good motivation. But that was a year ago. Oops. Consider me your international side line cheer squad! You can do it [insert other motivational like phrases here]!!

Sarah said...

Hello Amanda!! HAHA! I am so telling my mom that next year - thanks for existing, thus I can exist! Love it!

More veg, less fried is going pretty well - I have been a little off track, but so far no fried this month!

Girl - Pilates is hard! You are a warrior woman - my abs hurt for a week after taking a class! I have not stuck to this plan yet, but it's a work in progress and I have got some walks in/bootcamps done!

Post a Comment