Thursday, September 29, 2011

New NEW newness that's new!



There's a lotta new brewing in my life and in this blog this week! First and foremost, I cut off all my hair! Boom - gone. I have had short hair for most of my life and decided to grow it back out for a bit. That experiment ended at 1:30 p.m. today when I decided to chop my coiffe into a crop. Change #1!


Change two has to do with this blog - I redesigned with a super cool template from Pugly Pixel called Lemon Meringue. The cool part is that you can customize the title headers with anything you make in Photoshop and load in to blogger - I made some little washi tape looking headers and love them! You can subscribe to Pugly Pixel for $5 a month to get access to her super awesome extras, which are perfect for making your blog pretty or digital scrapbooking. Check the nifty award ribbon on the left scrollbar - that will be updated weekly as my weight goes up (arrow up <= do not want.) or down (arrow down <= want this!)


Change three is a biggie - I quit WW. I have loved the program for years, but needed a change. I have been slipping a lot lately (gained back my weight lost this month in one bad weekend - ugh!) and need a kick start with a new program.


I considered signing up with another service - like the Quick Weight Loss Center, which I know a person close to me saw amazing results that were totally livable (despite the terrible reviews online) - but decided to try straight up calorie tracking. My Fitness Pal, a free service and (FREE) iPhone app, makes this super easy - it has a simple interface and it even has an easy barcode scanner on the app so you can scan in your coffee creamer and cereal for easy tracking. Ryan the Gabbart is doing it with me - Gabbarts unite! If you join, friend me - we can do this together!


New Goals for new newness!

  • Lose 5lbs a month
  • Track every meal and every exercise event
  • Walk in the mornings
  • Wake up at 7
Simple changes, but effective for me - if I can do these 4 things, I'll be in skinny jeans by Christmas!

5 comments:

Lindy Stamper said...

You should put that change of blog layout as one of the changes too. Love the hair!

Macska said...

Wow Sarah! That haircut is gorgeous on you. :-)


I've been using myfitnesspal.com for a while - I found it really good. (Although I've been struggling with the last 3kg.... Need to get motivated again...) Friend me on their if you want - I'm going by the tag 'Elshina'.

Sarah said...

Thanks guys!

Pattykins - it's change #2! I am so happy that it was easy to change(the last time made me crazy!)

Veronica said...

You look SO gorgeous! OMG OMG OMG!

I can't WAIT to see more photos of your new do and I already LOVE your new website!

Well done all round babes!

Sarah said...

Thanks lady! I am still freaked out when I look in the mirror - I'm like "Who is that?!?" :o)

Post a Comment